Get access to our FREE depression video series: 3
Do some people use depression as an excuse? Here’s why the idea of ‘using depression as an excuse’ is a myth based on the psychology of depression & mental illness. Board certified psychiatrist and APA fellow Dr. Sue Varma answers this question and more in this eye-opening interview.
In this discussion, Dr. Varma and MedCircle host Kyle Kittleson also explain…
– Why or why not some people use depression as an excuse
– Kyle’s (who is diagnosed with major depression) experience of the stigma of being depressed
– Whether Dr. Varma has seen patients who are not depressed in her office, and who are simply “not taking responsibility”
– How clinical depression plays a part in someone’s resilience, self-esteem, and whether they “take responsibility” for their behavior
– A personal anecdote / example from Dr. Varma of a patient who could be mistaken as someone who is using depression and anxiety as an excuse
Thanks for watching our YouTube video! You can get more educational videos like this one at MedCircle.com.